Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Down Memory Lane

I was at church tonight and I got a little sidetracked. I didn't make it to class on time so I spent most of my night talking to others in the hall...I know, don't judge. Anyway, I was in the library looking for some books on baptism, for our children's ministry. I ran across some old pics from VBS 1970 and lots of other events. Among the pictures there was a Church of Christ directory from 1970. I cracked it open and there on the first page was an advertisement for a friend of my grandfathers. I thought, oh my, how cool is this. I continued to thumb through the directory and found several names that stood out including my Dad's family, when he was in high school. I turned the page and that's where I saw this add:


I was so excited to see this. This is my Great Grandmother, Mary Smith. She was an Interior Designer for Sears. It was so cool to see this pic and so many memories resurfaced as I looked at it. It was great to walk down memory lane and to see some familiar faces. I remember all the dolls that my she made for us. The countless number of sleepovers that we had at her house. All of her beautiful clothes that she kept in her cedar closet, I can still smell it. Her hot pink round bed with matching curtains. Playing the organ for hours at her house. Mostly, I remember her love for us. I love and miss you, Grandmother Smith. It was great to relive old memories. I hope that my family enjoys this as much as I did.



New post about the kiddos and our family soon! Sorry for the wait.

No comments: