Thursday, February 18, 2010

My hope is slowly dying

So, for the last couple months I have been psyched because we were #2 for a boy. Woohoo! Right? or wrong? I am now at the point of being totally deflated and feeling like we will never get a referral. I know in my head that this is not the case, but I feel so heartbroken and let down by all of the build up. What makes me even more anxious, is the fact that there have been so few referrals since 2010 started. I've given every excuss, holidays, Haiti, only so many referrals allowed, and the list goes on. To the point where I have lost all excuses for what is going on. The not knowing in killing me. For now we are moving ahead, taking care of the kiddos, working, remodeling, going to church...etc. I continue to pray for baby Elliott and for all of our friends who are in the same boat as us. God will bring the right child, in the right time. I just wish he would let me in on the secret every once in awhile.

11 comments:

Belleme said...

I am TOTALLY with you! We have been #3 FOREVER!!! I'm trying to be positive and patient and all those things, but I'm struggling to keep a good attitude about the complete LACK of movement on the FBI list!

Anonymous said...

It is so hard to stay hopeful! We were at 7 months when the average wait time was 7.2 months. We were at 8 months when the average wait time was 8 months. Now, we are at 8.5 months and it seems like we just go backwards every month... I keep telling myself it will pick up soon, but I'm losing faith.

Joanna said...

We are SO with you! Not anxious for our referral exactly (because we're #8, for a boy) BUT some movement would be nice. We are all anxiously awaiting your move to the "referral/court" tab! :)

Tam and Kai - NYC said...

Thank you for posting! You've said exactly what we're all thinking.
Since reaching #3 for a boy, we've come to a complete halt right behind you.
Hopefully there will be some insight next week on the conf. call.
Come on referrals!!!!!

Kellie said...

Thanks for all of your comments. It's nice to know that we aren't alone right now. Praying for all of you and our referrals.

The Busters said...

It sounds like we are all in the same boat. My hope has been at a serious low point recently. Thank goodness we all have each other! You can vent to me anytime!

Lisa said...

Keep your hope alive, there has got to be some movement very soon (like tomorrow would be nice)! We need some referrals and court dates soon so we don't all go crazy!

The Mathews Family said...

I know, RIGHT?!!! It feels like things are SO slow right now.......trying to keep busy, walk by faith (trust) and wait well...but I've got to confess it's getting pretty rough. I had a good feeling about this week and now...tomorrow is Friday already!! Every time I walk past our girls room (which is just about ready already!) I feel like my heart is going to jump out of my chest. I say YES and AMEN to referrals...lots and lots of referrals!!! (tomorrow please.)

Shannon Plumb said...

I am so gald everyone else is feeling this way! I can only imagine how hard it is being so close! Praying things pick up! PLEASE!!!

The Francis Family said...

With you - we're #2 and this waiting is killing us.

Jim and Laura said...

We will keep you in our prayers. We are way behind you on the list and keep hoping for some movement soon. Hang in there.

Laura and Jim Sherman