Thursday, May 6, 2010

Let the celebrations begin

6 days, 6 DAYS. I can't believe we are less then a week from our court date. I go back and forth between total agony of the wait and feeling like I don't have enough time to get everything done. I know once we pass court it will be a mad dash to get everything and everyone organized. We have to coordinate our travel, Troy's parents travel here to take care of the kiddos, lists of kids daily activities, humanitarian aid items, etc. So much to think about.

Today though, I am going to focus on our fundraiser dinner that is tonight. We have so many wonderful friends who have bent over backward to make this event happen. Our friends at Copper Cup Catering are providing the meal (contact me if you ever need a caterer, they are great). Brown's Bakery providing desserts, about 40 auction items, and 6 vendors who are donating a portion of their profits to our adoption. Wow, what a blessing. God is so good.

On a great note, http://myfamilymyjourney.blogspot.com passed court! Go check out their beautiful boys! We are so happy for you. Hopefully, we will follow in 6 short days!

4 comments:

Tam and Kai - NYC said...

Best of luck getting it all together. What an exciting time!
Yay - 6 more days :)

Devion said...

Didn't know the Carters were coming to help! That's great! I know that they will LOVE spending extra time with the kiddos! I am really excited about our sonogram on Thurs, so I cannot even IMAGINE what you're feeling. Praying for a smooth courtdate and a QUICK trip to go pick Elliott up! :) Wish we could be there for your dinner tonight!

Kellie said...

Thanks guys! Tam and Kai- Is your paperwork in yet?

Devon- I am excited to see what you guys are having. Hoopefully, we will both have great news on Thursday! Have fun at the ultrasound.

The Busters said...

Good Luck with your dinner tonight! I hope it is a huge success!!!