Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Impatiently Waiting

I have found myself obsesively looking at all the websites that are ahead of me on the waitlist. 6 months have flown by, but these last 5 days have crawled. I was thinking about how similar this is to both of my pregnancies. Months flew by in a snap then the last 4-6 weeks crawled. So here we are 6 months in and I am so anxious to see our new baby. I keep trying to remember what I am doing every day so that I can look back on the day our baby was born and have some connection with their birth. I know, it sounds crazy, but for some reason I need this. In the mean time, I will continue to wear out my computer and 9 other people's websites.

Waitlist update: #2 for a boy
#8 for a girl

This is "unofficial" of course, but the closest thing I can gage time with.

We continue to pray for baby Elliott and family. We look forward to seeing a sweet face in the near future.

6 comments:

Joanna said...

I hear ya!! We are unofficially #7 and I've been really good for our most of our time on the list - but for some reason these past few days have been intolerable! Our thoughts and best wishes are with you!

Kellie said...

It's good to hear that I'm not alone. Best wishes and thoughts to you as well!

FrancisFamily said...

We're #4 down on the list. I must look at the list 5 times a day. We'll let you know once we receive ours. You can find me on facebook by typing 'billy francis salvation army'. I've found that connecting through that medium is helpful.

Praying, praying, praying...

Billy

Unknown said...

I know exactly where you have been! Hang in there and know that HIS timing is so much better than ours.

Devion said...

I voted girl on your poll, because I've never met a girl named Elliott. I just think that it would be unique! :)

My sister was an in-town adoption. She was due around the 20th of the month, but wasn't born until the 27th. We had a due-date even and then being a week late was torturous! We waited by the phone (pre cellphone days) day and night waiting for the call saying that she'd been born. I can't imagine what it is like to not even have an estimated doa. Our prayers are with you. How exciting that this little one could be very close in age to their cousin, Keira. Blessings!
~Devon

Tam and Kai - NYC said...

I'm right there with you!
(we are one spot below you on the list)
For some reason, this past week is driving me crazy and I just click refresh all day on the blogs ahead of us.
Not much longer :)