Monday, March 29, 2010

This is how I really feel,

Two days before we recieved our referral we found out that we were going to have to make 2 trips to Ethiopia. Honestly, Troy and I were pretty upset. We even talked about pulling out of the adoption. Partially, because of the stress and a big part because of the money. We are still trying to play catch up from the 6 months that Troy was out of a job. Then Friday, March 12th, we saw the cutest little face and the two trips seemed like no big deal. We could figure out a way to get money... We are still planning on following through with everything, but now that the initial high has worn off, here is where I am. All I can think of is the emotional roller coaster those two trips are going to be. First, we have to leave our other two kids at home and be gone about a week. Meet wonderful Baby H and at the end of the week leave him in Ethiopia. Then 3-6 weeks later we have to go back through the same thing. Leave two kids be gone a week, but in that week Baby H will get to come home with us. Wow, I am going to be wiped out by the end of all of this.
So, then I have to hand it all over to God and think that He knows what is best for us. And there is a reason that we need to make two trips. And there is a reason I have to leave all of my babies for so long. Logic is not winning out at this point, but I am working on it. Please be in prayer for us during this time. And please pray that our paperwork will be submitted before April 9th!

3 comments:

AprilM said...

Praying for you.....

Eryn said...

It is SUCH a roller coaster. Hang in there, I KNOW how hard it is. A friend recently told me, "GOD IS BIGGER". It's so true, he is. He will make a way!

Kim said...

Honey, I feel for you...i totally understand the stress and remember there are those of us that have been there and will hold your hand and scream and cry with you whenever you need it!